Monday, February 28, 2011

UPDATE: 8K and Yoga

This past Saturday I completed the Almond Blossom 8K in Ripon. It was blistering cold outside!! The cloud cover was dark grey and heavy.. it looked like snow clouds. We got a glimpse of the sun for about one mile during the race. Cold and windy. My toes were numb before we even started running! They finally thawed out at the 3 mile mark. Crazy! But it was SOO much fun!! I absolutely loved the experience. When I got near the end I sprinted in as fast as I was able.. I finished the 8K in 46:05.1 which was faster than I anticipated. I went from a 10 min/mile to a 9 min/mile in 2 1/2 weeks! I'm happy with that! :) I also came in 10th in my age group (20-29) out of 31 people and 155 out of 324.. right in the middle. So I can now say that I have done an 8K! First time for everything.

THEN today, I officially signed up and paid for my yoga teacher training!!! I felt soo nervous after I sent in my completed application and payment. I'm really excited!!! It's an 8 month training program. It starts in March and goes until September. Once I complete the training I will be a certified yoga instructor and ready to teach! I will also join the Yoga Alliance once I am done. The certification is good forever! I just have to get a certain number of continuing education hours every year, but that's standard. :) I'm on my way to opening my yoga studio!!!!! :) I have been trying to come up with a fun catchy name... hmmmmm I have plenty of time to be thinking about one.

Alright off to finish laundry, cook dinner (LOVE my crockpot!!) and write my court report in between..

No comments:

Post a Comment