Thursday, February 3, 2011

Productive Day and it's only 3:00pm!

What a fun day so far. I cannot believe how productive it has already been. I guess it helps that I am feeling much better today even though I have the dreaded lingering running nose. Anyway, I have been waking up at 5:00a with my husband.. it's tax season so he leaves the house EARLY. I have been making him coffee to create a nice setting for him to spend time with God each morning before he leaves for work. (Thanks for the suggestion Jess!). It's been really great being able to see him without a blurred vision before the day starts.

Since I haven't been feeling well, I have been going back to sleep until 8:30a after he leaves (hehe). I hope that by next week, I can actually wake up at that time and hit the gym early. Today after I woke up, I had a scrumptous breakfast (Trader Joe's whole wheat English Muffins with Hummus and Greek Yogurt with blueberries, almonds and a little bit of blue agave syrup to help sweeten it) and of course a cup of Origin (origincoffee.org) Peru coffee. So yummy! :) I had some time with Jesus, read my chapter of This Momentary Marriage and then off for a run.

I was presented with a challenge to run a 8k on Feb 26th! I haven't done long distance running in a few months. I was apprehensive. I decided to put myself to the test. (I like to create funny challenges and games with myself.. it keeps me motivated) My challenge today was to run 4 miles without stopping to walk. That means an average of 10 min/mile. Good for starters. :) And guess what?!?! I did it! I ran 4.12 miles in 40 minutes. I stopped ONE time to walk for a very short time because I literally almost got attacked by a dog! It was so scary! It was a smaller dog too.. those things can be vicious. It squeezed from under the small garage opening, ran after me, jumping, mouth wide open ready to take a bite out of my ankle! I wish I was on camera.. it was quite the scene. I was jumping alternating my legs while trying to run away screaming (Ahhh.. GET AWAY.. GET AWAY!) The neighborhood was silent.. families with working people.. FINALLY it left me alone and stared at me until it couldn't see me anymore. I have never been scared like that by a dog.. let alone a SMALL dog! The sound of it is just ridiculous. I suppose I am a fighter and not a flighter.. haha My point: I finished my run. Yes, I can and will officially be running the 8k the end of this month. I'm quite exhilarated about the idea.. and it looks like my mom (possibly my sister as well) will come down to run it with me! :)

Then I got ready to go to my hubby's office for lunch. They have a chef that makes fabulous lunches during tax season. I was able to see my hubby for a good 20 minutes, chat with some great ladies that work in the office and eat a delicious pasta lunch! Oh and before going into the office, I dropped my car off at the car wash place across the street. When I was done with lunch, my car was nice and clean.. inside and out! Ahhhh... :)

Since Tracy finally has a Macy's (it's itty bitty but it's there!) I had to go get my huge discount on the clothes I bought this past Monday. My coupon started on Tuesday! I literally got $322 worth of clothes for $125.. cute clothes and great brands. I love Macy's! :) And I love the $25 gift cards I get when I fill out dumb consumer surveys on erewards.com hehe Oh! I also went to Barnes and Noble and got a fabulous devotional called Jesus Calling. My friend Chelsea recommended it.. it looks sooo good and I'm excited to start it tomorrow morning. :) Maybe I will start it this afternoon. Yes, I am THAT excited! I also went to the bank too.

Now I'm home.. I have had a productive day and it's only 3p! Fabulous! I am always filled with energy when I get lots done in a short amount of time. This afternoon, I'm picking out some eyeshadows online and relaxing! :) I may even get to watch a movie. Then I'm off to community group with amazing new friends. What a great day! My flowers are even blooming and the sun is out. haha I'm so happy today.

Alright I'm done. Hope you are having a fabulous week. Tomorrow is FRIDAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment