Monday, February 21, 2011

HOLY CALVES!!!

So I did it.. I ran my 3 miles this morning.. an hour later and the clouds have neither parted or poured down rain.. didn't lose out either way..

BUT MAN it was COLD! I layered up to prepare.. body warm but head freezing and calves burning! Before I left for my run I was like "this is going to be a piece of cake compared to yesterday" WELL.. after running 7 miles yesterday, running three miles in the cold and wind this morning was pretty tough. I walked a couple of times for 20 - 30 seconds. I tried my best to run hard but it just was not happening.. lol However I did run 3.2 miles in 30:11 so that makes my average 9 min 40 seconds per mile. That's not bad at all. I figure that if I can run this well by myself with no one cheering me on.. at the race when people are on the sides yelling at the runners (me included) I will have much more adrenaline and energy. I'm soo curious to see what my time will be... I'm just excited to be running! :)

I am heading to pilates in a few minutes after I change out of my super sweaty layers.. and.. if the sun does not come out I am contemplating making sure my jacuzzi still works! haha :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment