Monday, February 21, 2011

Parting Clouds... Or.. Rain..??

I am sitting here on a lovely relaxing Monday. It's 7:40am and so far I have already had breakfast, my coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, did my quiet time with Jesus, finished the book This Momentary Marriage, watched the latest episode of Brothers and Sisters.. now contemplating if the clouds are going to part and let the sun shine or if the grey clouds will let rain pour down. Today is my short 3 mile run. I'd much rather run outside as opposed to on the treadmill.. the cold and the possibility of rain is not helping my motivation. I wonder if I wait another 30 min or so if it will be warmer and sunny.. hmmm....

Yesterday I ran 7.12 miles!! And I ran the whole time.. I did not stop once to walk. It was hard too because half of the time I was running against the wind which was hard but I didn't give up! Having two days off of running really helped my endurance! :) It didn't even seem like 7 miles. I actually think I could have ran another couple miles easily but it's all a mind game because as I got closer to my house I KNEW that my run was coming to an end and was excited. I didn't even feel tired aside from my lower back starting to hurt. Other than that, I was golden. It felt good and I felt accomplished. :) I am SOO READY for my 8K THIS Saturday morning. Came up fast! I wonder if I will continue to run after that... That's been my motivation for running so much and so far.. We'll see. :)

Alright well... I guess I will go outside to see how cold it actually is and then make up my mind if I will run now or in a half an hour. I'm just afraid that if I wait it will start raining then I will be stuck running at the gym next to people vacuuming around me or cleaning with the nasty smelling cleaner while my eyes glued to the treadmill trying to push myself as hard as I can. I prefer the outdoors... Now I'm just rambling. Alrighty - let this run begin! Peace Out! haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment